1. We are putting the tree up today. Normally we don't do it so early, but since my parents moved and it was being stored in their attic, I needed to grab it when I was visiting this past weekend.
2. I miss not having my family down the street. It sucks.
3. Every year I secretly move Dan's battery operated singing ornaments to the back of the tree. I know I know, that is terrible, but they are hideous! I have a tree full of passed down for generations ornaments, many of which are one of a kind handmade, then some plastic singing Spiderman ornament? It just doesn't work for me LOL
4. I found a dog tag the other day that said " I rescued my human" - now isn't that the truth sometimes!?
5. I put makeup on every day, even if I don't plan on leaving the house. I thought of this while doing so just now. I feel like it lets me be a chameleon - never looking exactly the same, like my face is my canvas.
6. Dan and I watched National Lampoons Christmas Vacation last night. It never, ever gets old for me, and it isn't officially the holiday season until I have seen it.
Image found here : http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0097958/
7. I need a new book to read. I just finished Tina Fey's Bossy Pants and it was one of the funniest books I have ever read. I highly recommend it if you are familiar with Tina and Saturday Night Live.
8. This year is my 11th Christmas working in retail at the dreaded day job. I promised myself my 10th would be my last year :-( What can I say? Money doesn't grow on trees.
9. I have been crocheting again - like a fiend. It wouldn't be a surprise if scarves where given out to friends as gifts this year.
10. It was my Dad's birthday a few days back. I drove up the coast for a visit and we giggled during silly movies together and ate sponge cake with whipped cream and raspberries.
Happy Birthday Dad!