Because, well - why not?
1. It snowed here *briefly* this week. As you may know, I am NOT fond of the snow. I live at the base of a mountain, and it is beautiful up there on the slopes. It is not beautiful trying to navigate down this crazy hill I live on in the snow and ice however...
2. My day job had its staff christmas party this past weekend. Yep, nothing like having a party a month before the actual holiday so that we can get it out of the way. Way to go retail job.
3. It was fun and the food was tasty. I drank too many drinks called "El Diablo"
4. Minus a slight headache, I was ok the next day. Dan was slightly less than ok ;-)
5. Dan booked tickets for us to go to MARDI GRAS!!! His sister, bro in law and our little niece live in New Orleans and this will be their last Mardi Gras before they move, so it was now or never! They live right near a major parade route too - so I am guessing it is going to be 8 overwhelming days of non stop food, parties and socializing.
6. I think I might actually need a real vacation after Mardi Gras to recover from it.
7. To the locals it is bigger than Christmas - not all boobs and beads.
8. I doubted myself something terrible this week. I mean really doubted myself. It was a low point.
9. I can't guarantee it wont happen again, but at least I know where I put the ladder to help myself climb out of dark holes ;-)
10. I just remembered a snippet from Saturday night that included seriously discussing the memories of Dance Mix '93, and the importance of the Grunge Movement. So I will leave you with this combo :